Velocity Frequent Flyer, the award-winning loyalty program of Virgin Australia has officially launched the Global Wallet, Australia’s first prepaid travel money card to offer Points rewards.1
Over the coming weeks, members who have opted in will begin receiving the Global Wallet, which is located conveniently on one side of the new-look Velocity membership card.
- Designed in partnership with Visa to make spending in Australia and overseas a more convenient and rewarding experience, it enables members to:
- Access 9 foreign currencies;
- Load money and store it in Australian dollars plus 4 foreign currencies at one time;
- Make purchases at over 30 million locations around the world, wherever Visa is accepted;
- Withdraw funds from over 2 million ATMs in Australia and around the world; and
- Earn 1 Point for every $2 spent in Australia and 1 Point for every $1 spent overseas.2
To assist travellers on-the-go, members will be able to download the Global Wallet App from the iTunes Store or from Google Play, where they can view their transaction history, monitor their account balance and move money between currency wallets.
Velocity Frequent Flyer Chief Executive Officer, Neil Thompson said: “We are delighted to officially launch the Global Wallet today, giving Australian travellers the opportunity to earn Points when spending their own money overseas, for the first time.
“Complementing our wide credit card portfolio, this is the program’s first prepaid travel money card. The Global Wallet can be used for everyday purchases made in Australia and purchases made around the world, with the ability to access 9 foreign currencies and lock in exchange rates.
“Importantly, it also builds on our strong global network of earn opportunities in over 400 destinations around the world, thanks to our partners Singapore Airlines, Air New Zealand, Delta Air Lines and Etihad Airways”, Mr Thompson said.
Visa’s Country Manager Australia Vipin Kalra added: “Travel remains an important priority for many Australians. This card further reduces the need to rely on cash and offers consumers choice in how they manage their travel spending”.
For more information about the Global Wallet and to opt-in to receive the prepaid Visa card, visit www.velocityfrequentflyer.com. Members who opt-in before 31 August 2013 will automatically be in the draw to win one of 10 Global Wallet cards pre-loaded with $AU1000.3