- Virgin Australia delivers more than 23,000 discounted fares for travel from Perth to regional Western Australia as the partnership with the State Government, through Tourism WA, is extended
- More than 12,000 discounted Virgin Australia fares between Perth and Kununurra are on sale now from $249 one way for travel between March 2022 and September 2022
- More than 11,000 discounted fares between Perth and Broome are also on sale from $199 one way on flights from March 2022 to October 2022
- The discounted fares are part of the WA Government’s Affordable Airfare program which aims to encourage more people to regional WA and support the State’s tourism industry
- Sale fares are available to be booked using travel credits and Future Flights Credits at virginaustralia.com
- All Virgin Australia fares include Velocity Frequent Flyer Points and up to double status credits*
- Unlimited booking flexibility to change or cancel to travel credit with no fees, available for travel up to 30 April 2022^.
Saturday 30 October: Virgin Australia can today announce it is extending its partnership with the Western Australian Government and will offer more than 23,000 discounted fares from Perth to some of the state’s most iconic regional areas.
Launched by Tourism WA in 2018 and billed as the WA Government’s biggest regional aviation program in history, the Affordable Airfare program is designed to encourage Western Australians to explore more of their home state.
As part of the initiative Virgin Australia is offering the following discounted fares:
- More than 12,000 discounted fares between Perth and Kununurra from $249 one way for travel from March 2022 until September 2022
- More than 11,000 discounted fares between Perth and Broome from $199 one way for travel from March 2022 to October 2022.
Virgin Australia will operate four flights per week between Perth and Kununurra from March 28 2022, before increasing to five flights per week from May 8 2022.
The airline also operates daily year-round services between Perth and Broome, with additional flights during peak periods.
For more information and to book, visit virginaustralia.com.
Virgin Australia Group Chief Commercial Officer Dave Emerson said today’s announcement is an excellent opportunity to support local tourism and do our bit to help Western Australian families take off on a well-deserved break.
“Virgin Australia is excited to renew our partnership with Tourism WA by offering the people of WA more than 23,000 discounted fares to travel in their home state,” said Mr Emerson.
“We are proud to support WA’s regional economies by making it more affordable for Western Australian families to sample all their home state has to offer. And we hope that even after international borders open, the people of WA will keep coming back to their beautiful backyard, whether that’s the Bungle Bungles, Lake Argyle or Cable Beach.
“This partnership will provide a significant economic boost to the local tourism industry, not to mention allow more of our wonderful team members to get back to the skies.
“Western Australian passengers can book with confidence. We’re offering free booking flexibility to change or cancel to travel credits with no fees for all bookings from now until 30 April 2022,” he said.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
* Bonus Status Credits Promotion is valid between 12:01am AEST 01 October 2021 to 11:59pm AEDT 31 March 2022 (inclusive). For more information on Status Credits and bonus earn rates, click here Terms and conditions and exclusions apply, visit here.
^ Changes must be made prior to travel date. Fare differences may apply. Cancellations with refund to other forms of payment as per fare rules.