• Virgin Australia rewards Velocity Frequent Flyer members for their loyalty and announces lucrative new incentives to book and fly
• Qantas Frequent Flyer Gold status and above members invited to receive a Velocity Discover Gold Status trial membership
• Eligible Discover Gold Status members can also enjoy a year-long Velocity Gold membership and associated benefits for them and their companion
• Ongoing rewards and thousands of bonus points on offer when existing members book flights
• Status extensions of up to one year granted to existing Velocity Gold and Platinum members
Monday 7 December 2020: Velocity Frequent Flyer will reward its Gold and Platinum members for their loyalty and give eligible Qantas Frequent Flyer members and their companion a taste of flying with a fun and vibrant airline, under a new offer announced today.
DISCOVER GOLD STATUS MATCH OFFER
By simply filling-in a short expression of interest form by 21 December 2020, Qantas Gold status and above members will receive a three (3) month Velocity Discover Gold Status trial membership, which offers complimentary Lounge access, priority boarding, preferential seating, higher checked baggage allowances, and lucrative bonus points when customers book and fly with Virgin Australia.
To retain Velocity Gold status for 12-months and receive an additional benefit of Velocity Gold membership for their companion, they are only required to take one (1) eligible flight and earn 80 status credits during their three (3) month Discover Gold Status trial period. This is a highly sought-after reward only previously awarded to the most active Velocity members.
Status Credits can also be maximised through Velocity’s unrivalled family pooling benefit, making it easier for members to quickly climb the status ranks and start flashing their Gold card at Virgin Australia lounges.
STATUS EXTENSION FOR EXISTING VELOCITY GOLD AND PLATINUM MEMBERS
Not one to be outdone by a competitor, Velocity Frequent Flyer will offer eligible Gold and Platinum members a status extension of up to one (1) year or until 31 March 2022, as long as they take one (1) eligible flight with Virgin Australia before 28 March 2021.
This is the second time Velocity has granted eligible members a Status extension this year, and this generous offer will enable Gold and Platinum members to continue enjoying some of their most cherished benefits, like Lounge access, priority boarding, and higher Velocity points earning ability when they return to the skies.
INCENTIVES TO FLY
Velocity will reward Gold and Platinum members with 5,000 bonus points when they take two (2) eligible flights with Virgin Australia by 28 March 2021. Economy X upgrades will also be offered to Velocity Gold members, and Business Class upgrades to Velocity Platinum members, when they take three (3) or more eligible flights in the same period.
Speaking at Brisbane Airport, Virgin Australia Group CEO Jayne Hrdlicka said domestic airline competition was alive and well and thanked the airline’s loyal Velocity members, particularly those who have stood by the program and the airline this year.
“Virgin Australia was the first airline in Australia to bring genuine competition to the domestic market, and that competitive spirit is in our DNA, so we’re happy to offer a more compelling loyalty offer than what is currently in market.
“Travellers are longing for fun and friendly service, consistent on-time performance, an exceptional safety record and value when they travel, and these are the things that Virgin Australia is so well-known for and why people choose to travel with us over our competitors.
“We’re pleased to welcome Qantas members to Velocity who are interested in taking advantage of cheaper fares, award-winning cabin crew, and great rewards for ongoing loyalty. We look forward to welcoming them onboard this summer season.
“In true Virgin Australia spirit, we’ll continue to bring competition across the domestic, loyalty, regional and cargo sectors. We know we have a compelling offer for business and leisure travellers who are emerging from COVID-19 with less discretionary spend, but who still want lounges, preferential seating, priority boarding, checked baggage, and all the comforts a mid-market carrier can offer their guests without the price tag. Importantly, we know we can offer something no one else can, and that’s our fabulous people, who deliver our service with a smile no matter what seat number is on your ticket.
“With less flying this year we know it’s been difficult for our most loyal Velocity members to keep their status and so we’ll continue to reward their loyalty by offering another Status extension and generous rewards when they fly with us . We want to thank them for the support during the year, and now that borders are reopening and we’re doing more flying, we can’t wait to see them in the skies soon.
“This is just a sign of things to come, and that the good news will keep coming from Virgin Australia,” said Ms Hrdlicka.
Velocity Frequent Flyer members are an important part of the future of Virgin Australia and the measures announced today follow confirmation that the airline’s Melbourne and Sydney lounges will reopen on 15 December. The Brisbane Lounge reopened last month and the airline’s Gold Coast, Perth and Adelaide lounges will reopen early in the new year.
For more information about the Velocity Frequent Flyer Discover Gold Status and Status Rewards membership offers, visit: velocityfrequentflyer.com
NOTES TO EDITOR:
• Velocity Frequent Flyer boasts more than 10 million members and is the only Australian airline loyalty program that is free to join
• Qualifying for Velocity Gold membership ordinarily requires a member to fly four (4) eligible sectors and earn 500 status credits in one year before they are eligible for the sough-after status tier
• Velocity Gold status key benefits:
- Access to Virgin Australia Domestic Lounges, with complimentary lounge access for a guest, and up to three children;
- Priority check-in and screening at major domestic airports ;
- Additional complimentary baggage;
- Preferential seating; and
- Access to flexible flying ‘Fly ahead’ (on earlier flights where available)
• Examples of status credits earned on Virgin Australia one-way flights:
- Melbourne – Sydney in Business Class = 55 status credits (110 return)
- Melbourne – Sydney in Economy = 25 status credits (50 return)
- Melbourne – Perth in Economy = 45 status credits (90 return)
- Brisbane – Hobart in Business Saver = 90 status credits (180 return)
• Virgin Australia Lounge network:
- Brisbane – opened on 18 November
- Melbourne – scheduled to open on 15 December
- Sydney – scheduled to open on 15 December
- Gold Coast – opening soon
- Perth – opening soon
- Adelaide – opening soon
Terms and Conditions:
Eligibility criteria, exclusions and Terms and Conditions apply. For the full Discover Gold Status and Status Rewards Terms and Conditions see: https://experience.velocityfrequentflyer.com/member-support/velocity-upd...