Virgin Australia today announced travellers can now purchase Business Class tickets on Trans-Tasman and Pacific Island routes, enhancing the airline’s premium service offering in these markets.
The Sydney to Auckland route will be the first to offer Business Class, with flights launching on 28 February 2015. All other services will come into effect on 31 March 2015.
A progressive refit on 10 of the airline’s Boeing 737 fleet will see the aircraft reconfigured with the 2-2 business class configuration which feature luxury leather seating and menus designed by resident head chef Luke Mangan, as well as the introduction of priority services including check-in and boarding.
Virgin Australia Chief Commercial Officer Judith Crompton said: “Virgin Australia is renowned for its Business Class offering within Australia and we are thrilled to be bringing this service to the trans-Tasman and Pacific Island routes.
“These markets are a very important focus for us given the growth in business travel between Australia and New Zealand and we are committed to offering great value Business Class fares.
“The rollout of Business Class completes our premium customer proposition across key international markets and importantly, allows us to deliver a more consistent customer experience in conjunction with our alliance partner, Air New Zealand”, Ms Crompton said.
Business Class fares with Virgin Australia start from AUD699 on the Sydney to Auckland routes.
In February 2014, the airline was voted the Best Domestic Business Airline by Roy Morgan for the first time.
VIRGIN AUSTRALIA BUSINESS CLASS FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Luxury leather seating with 38” seat pitch on the Boeing 737
- Comfort packs with luxurious blankets, pillows, and International-style amenity kits including Australian organic cosmetics by GROWN for flights over three hours
- Coat check-in service with complimentary coat bag
- Newspapers until noon daily
- Exclusive Luke Mangan gourmet full service dining experience
- Premium Australian wines, beers, and spirit selection
- Gourmet tea selection from Madame Flavour
- Priority baggage service where available