- Virgin Australia has launched a new Business Class menu for the colder months, featuring comforting pastas, Aussie classics and bright, hearty salads.
- The new menu was designed following extensive customer feedback and a trial with the airline’s own cabin crew.
- Australian local produce features heavily in the new menu.
Thursday 30 June 2022: Nothing sparks excitement among the most frequent of flyers like the words “new menu”, and that’s exactly what Virgin Australia have launched in their Business Class cabin this week.
Designed with the cooler weather in mind, the menu is based on significant customer feedback as well as the input of Virgin Australia cabin crew, who taste tested all dishes before they were selected for the skies.
The wonderful winter fare features hearty café-style dishes with Aussie classics, pastas, and substantial salads using local Australian produce and served with Australian beer and wine and a selection of popular spirits.
Virgin Australia Group General Manager of Product and Customer, Sarah Adam, said: “We’re incredibly focused on providing wonderful experiences for our guests, both on the ground and in the air, so we’re delighted to introduce a new in-flight dining menu for our Business Class guests.
“As we move into the colder winter months, we wanted to bring hearty food options sky-high, so whether our guests are after a chicken parmigiana or pan seared gnocchi with mushroom sauce, we’ve got something to suit every palate."
“Our menu selection process was based carefully on feedback from our own guests and cabin crew, so we know our guests will enjoy this fresh new take on in-flight dining.” she said.
The menu follows a long list of customer improvements made by Virgin Australia over the past 18 months, including the launch of a new buy onboard menu in April 2022, and a partnership with Boost Juice and Betty’s Burgers.
- Citrus French toast with maple syrup
- Spiced carrot, raisin and oats breakfast bowl
- Banana bread with hazelnut spread, mixed nuts, coconut and strawberry pearls
- Waffles with banana butterscotch and crème anglaise
- Chia with fresh fruit and toasted coconut
- Croque Monsieur
Lunch and dinner highlights:
- Chicken katsu roll with Japanese mayo
- Truffle macaroni cheese with ratatouille
- Pearl couscous salad bowl with prosciutto
- Peri Peri chicken burger
- Risoni salad with roasted pumpkin and tzatziki
- Pan seared gnocchi with creamy mushroom sauce and basil oil
- Grilled chicken with farro salad and soy sesame dressing
- Roasted vegetable and onion tart with mashed potato and ratatouille
- Saffron pappardelle with tomato ragout and slow braised cannellini beans
DOWNLOAD MENU IMAGES