Virgin Australia lands at Emerald and Alice Springs ahead of expanded holiday options this summer
• Reintroduction of regional routes between Brisbane-Alice Springs and Brisbane-Emerald*
• Expanded holiday destination frequencies between Sydney-Ballina Byron and Brisbane-Hamilton Island
• Expanded capital city frequencies between Brisbane-Adelaide and Sydney-Adelaide
BRISBANE, 28 October 2020: Virgin Australia will reintroduce two regional services and expand frequencies to key holiday destinations and South Australia ahead of the summer holidays.
The airline will reintroduce five-times weekly services between Brisbane-Emerald* and twice-weekly services between Brisbane-Alice Springs.
Customers from New South Wales will benefit from expanded options to holiday destinations such as Ballina Byron, Hamilton Island and Adelaide, while South Australians and Queenslanders will see increased frequencies between Brisbane and Adelaide.
Virgin Australia Group Chief Commercial Officer John MacLeod said Australians love to explore and with summer just around the corner there’s never been a better time to holiday and visit loved ones and local businesses while international travel remains suspended.
“The expansion of our network to include Emerald and an additional route into Alice Springs recognises our long-standing commitment to regional Australia and will deliver choice and convenience for those communities and businesses.
“The increased frequencies to Byron Bay, Hamilton Island and Adelaide will help the tourism industry to get back on its feet,” said Mr MacLeod.
Virgin Australia recently introduced its Passenger Promise which provides flexibility to change bookings up until 31 January 2021 alongside a range of health and wellbeing reassurances for customers who may be uncertain about travelling during this time.
“We know that some travellers may be uncertain because of COVID-19 and changing border restrictions which is why we’ve taken a number of steps to protect traveller’s health and wellbeing as well as their booking.”
Virgin Australia continues to operate services into and within Western Australia, connections to Tasmania, the ACT and Northern Territory. Services to and from Victoria for the purpose of essential travel, the movement of freight and logistics are continuing.
The Federal Government is helping to cover operating shortfalls on a small number of Virgin Australia services under its Domestic and Regional Aviation Network Programs which supports connectivity and essential travel across Australia.
• Brisbane – Hamilton Island (Ten services per week from 09 November)
• Brisbane – Adelaide (Up to three services daily from 16 November)
• Brisbane – Alice Springs (Two services per week from 03 November)
• Brisbane – Emerald* (Five services per week from 23 November)
• Sydney – Ballina Byron (Eight services per week from 09 November)
• Sydney – Adelaide (Up to three services daily from 16 November)
* operated by Alliance Airlines
For more information and to book your next holiday head to virginaustralia.com