- Virgin Australia has dropped more than 500,000 Economy fares from $55 one-way in its Bring on 2023 sale, on top of epic offers for more business travellers to switch their loyalty to Virgin Australia, including bonus Velocity Points and new Status Match offers with Virgin Australia Business Flyer. For more information, visit here.
- The sale coincides with Virgin Australia today announcing business travellers (SME) have returned to the airline at more than 110 per cent of pre-COVID levels.
- Bring on 2023 sale fares are available to book here, to popular destinations such as Sydney to Byron Bay from $55 Economy one-way and the Gold Coast to Bali from $489 Economy return, for travel on select dates between 1 March 2023 and 7 December 2023. Sale ends midnight AEST 6 February 2023, unless sold out prior.*
Monday 30 January 2023: Virgin Australia is flying high into 2023, today announcing record business traveller (SME) growth, with bookings reaching more than 110 per cent of pre-COVID levels this month, and an epic sale on more than 500,000 fares from as low as $55 one-way in Economy*. The announcement coincides with the airline’s latest Status Match and bonus Velocity Points offers aimed at luring new travellers who want better value and choice when flying.
Bring on 2023 sale
From Queensland and Queenstown, to Tasmania and Tokyo, the Bring on 2023 sale boasts discounted Economy fares to destinations across the entire Virgin Australia network from as low as $55 one-way.*
The half a million seats sale is live from today until midnight AEST 6 February 2023, unless sold out prior. Travel is available on select dates from 1 March 2023 until 7 December 2023.*
One-way Domestic Economy Lite fare highlights in both directions include:
- Sydney <> Byron Bay (Ballina) from $55
- Sydney <> Sunshine Coast from $75
- Adelaide <> Launceston from $85
- Brisbane <> Whitsundays (Proserpine) from $85
- Sydney <> Gold Coast from $89
- Adelaide <> Melbourne from $89
- Melbourne <> Hobart from $89
- Brisbane <> Sydney from $95
- Sydney <> Melbourne from $95
- Melbourne <> Gold Coast from $99
- Brisbane <> Melbourne from $109
- Brisbane <> Hamilton Island from $119
- Sydney <> Cairns from $125
- Melbourne <> Cairns from $139
- Darwin <> Sydney from $149
Return International Economy Lite fare highlights in both directions include:
- Sydney <> Fiji from $459
- Gold Coast <> Bali from $489
- Melbourne <> Vanuatu from $539
- Brisbane <> Samoa from $549
- Melbourne <> Bali from $585
- Adelaide <> Bali from $589
- Sydney <> Bali from $615
- Cairns <> Tokyo from $699
Double Status Credits
All sale fares include Velocity Frequent Flyer Points earn and Status Credits, and from today until midnight AEST 10 February 2023, Velocity members can earn Double Status Credits across the Virgin Australia network (i.e. Domestic, Trans-Tasman and International Short Haul).^
New Status Match^^ and bonus Velocity Points offers for Virgin Australia Business Flyer members#
To coincide with the announcement of significant business traveller growth and record bookings from small to medium-sized business (SME) customers, Virgin Australia Business Flyer has today launched its biggest offer yet for Australian SMEs to switch their loyalty to Virgin Australia. For simply joining Virgin Australia Business Flyer by 31 March 2023, and meeting eligible flight spend within the first 90 days of joining#, SMEs will receive 150,000 bonus Velocity Points for their business – the equivalent of up to 30 Business Class upgrades or up to 19 one-way Economy Reward Seats.
And for business travellers new to Virgin Australia Business Flyer who hold Silver (or higher) with a competitor airline, their status will be matched^^ with an equivalent Velocity Frequent Flyer Status tier.
Virgin Australia Business Flyer, which launched in April last year, has seen tens of thousands of new members join the program in that time, offering Australian business travellers incredible airfare savings, everyday ways to earn and redeem Velocity Points on both flights and through more than 30 Partners, as well as priority benefits and offers.
Virgin Australia Group Chief Commercial Officer, Dave Emerson said as the airline enters a new year, it remains committed to industry-leading value, choice and award-winning service for both leisure and business travellers.
“January is a month synonymous with planning for the year ahead – looking at opportunities for holidays, business trips, connecting with family and friends or exploring a new part of the country – we have so many great fares on offer no matter the reason for travel, and we encourage Australians to get in before they sell out,” said Mr Emerson.
Speaking of Virgin Australia’s Back to Business offer, Mr Emerson said: “We’re proud to be announcing a market-leading offer for business travellers, supporting the many wonderful Australian businesses across the country as they make a strong return to travel this year. Since launching the Virgin Australia Business Flyer loyalty program last year, we’ve received an overwhelming response of businesses joining the program, and we look forward to the program expanding even further this year.
NOTES TO EDITOR
BACK TO BUSINESS OFFER HIGHLIGHTS
- Sign up to Virgin Australia Business Flyer and earn 150,000 bonus Velocity Points# by spending $10,000 or more on eligible travelled flights within 90 days of joining from 30 January to 1 March 2023.
- Earn Double Velocity Points on your first flight when you sign up and fly before 31 March 2023.
- Status Match offer for members who hold Silver Status (or higher) with another airline’s loyalty program^^. Offer ends midnight 31 March 2023.
150,000 BONUS VELOCITY POINTS OFFER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
#Promotion is valid between 12:01am AEST 16 January 2023 to 11:59pm AEST 31 March 2023 (inclusive)
Promotion Period). For your business to earn up to 150,000 bonus Velocity Points its nominated representative must:
1. successfully apply for a new Virgin Australia Business Flyer membership during the Promotion Period; and
2. within 90 days from the membership approval:
- spend $5,000 or more on eligible flights (excluding taxes and fees and after any discounts), and fly on those eligible flights, to receive 50,000 bonus Velocity Points; and
- spend a further $5,000 or more on eligible flights (excluding taxes and fees and after any discounts), and fly on those eligible flights, to receive an additional 100,000 bonus Velocity Points.
An eligible flight is: A. any one-way domestic or short haul international flight marketed and operated by Virgin Australia, booked through the www.virginaustralia.com website (ABN must be entered at time of booking), the Virgin Australia Business Flyer booking portal or via the member’s nominated Travel Management Company, and B. ticketed during the Promotion Period in a fare class that normally accrues Velocity Points. Reward Seats are not eligible for this promotion. Codeshare services marketed or operated by partner airlines are not eligible for this offer.
Bonus Velocity Points will be earned in addition to base Velocity Points earned. Bonus Points will be applied to the originally purchased fare class and any upgrades (other than when you paid the full commercial fare) will not attract Bonus Points as a result of this offer. This promotion can only be earned once during the Promotion Period. Please allow up to 4 weeks after meeting all criteria for the Velocity Points to be allocated to the Virgin Australia Business Flyer account. Promotion only available to new Virgin Australia Business Flyer members. This offer can be used in conjunction with the New Member 2,500 Bonus Velocity Points and First Flight Double Bonus Velocity Points offers. Virgin Australia Business Flyer Membership and Velocity Terms and Conditions apply.
STATUS MATCH TERMS AND CONDITIONS
^^ Frequent Flyer members of airlines which are not partners of Velocity Frequent Flyer (Velocity), that currently hold the equivalent of Velocity Silver Status or higher are eligible to apply for a Velocity Status match subject to the following.
To receive the equivalent Velocity Status, a current employee or contractor of an existing Virgin Australia Business Flyer member must:
1. be an existing Velocity member;
2. apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org between 16 January to 23:59pm AEST 31 March 2023 outlining:
a. their name and Velocity membership number;
b. a legible copy of the airline/frequent flyer program membership card stating the applicant’s name and current equivalent status to the Velocity Silver Status or higher; and
c. the Virgin Australia Business Flyer member business name and ABN (Application); and
3. send the Application from the email address currently linked to their Velocity membership account.
Find out more about how to maintain or upgrade your Velocity Status. Any Status Credits and Eligible Sectors earned are subject to expiry after 12 months from earn. Additional Status Terms and Conditions apply. We reserve the right to reject any Application or to end this promotion at our discretion. It may take up to 4 weeks to receive the status match after satisfying the eligibility criteria.
BRING ON 2023 SALE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
* Price is based on one-way Economy Lite fare, Ballina to Sydney. Sale ends midnight AEST 6 February 2023 unless sold out prior. Travel periods apply and fares are subject to availability. Seats are limited and may not be available at peak times or on all flights. Payment surcharge may apply. Seat selection and checked baggage are not included in Economy Lite fares. Economy Lite fares are not recommended if you require flexibility with your travel as cancellations are not permitted and you may need to pay a fee and any fare difference to make a change. For other fare types, a fee and fare difference may be payable for changing or cancelling your booking. See Virgin Australia’s domestic Fees page for details. Refunds are not permitted for Economy Lite and Choice fares if you cancel your booking. Refunds are permitted for Economy Flex fares on payment of a fee. You may also request a refund for other reasons, including under the Australian Consumer Law. Check your fare rules for more information. Some flights may be operated by a partner airline. Full terms and conditions at www.virginaustralia.com.
DOUBLE STATUS CREDITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
^ To be eligible for the Double Status Credits promotion the offer must (1) be activated via the activation via www.velocityfrequentflyer.com within the member dashboard under ‘Activated Offers’ between 12.01am AEST 30 January 2023 and 11.59pm AEST 10 February 2023 inclusive (Promotion Period); (2) after offer activation, book and ticket an Eligible Flight during the Promotion Period and enter a valid Velocity membership number at the time of booking; and (3) complete travel on an Eligible Flight.
An Eligible Flight is any Domestic, Trans-Tasman or International Short-Haul Virgin Australia marketed and operated flight for travel between 30 January 2023 and 31 March 2023 (inclusive) that normally earns Status Credits. For more information on status credits, click here. Tickets purchased on codeshare services marketed or operated by partner airlines are not eligible for this offer. The promotion is for new Eligible Flights booked and ticketed during the Promotion Period, and changes to existing bookings made prior to the Promotion Period are not eligible. Status Credits cannot be earned on Velocity Reward Seat bookings.
Bonus Status Credits will be applied to the originally purchased fare class. Any upgrades (other than when you paid the full commercial fare) will not attract bonus Status Credits as a result of this offer. Eligible Flights that satisfy the above eligibility criteria are eligible to earn 100% more Status Credits than the Status Credits that would normally be earned for that flight and fare class. There is no limit on the amount of times this offer can be redeemed. Where multiple guests are listed on the same booking, only those guests who satisfy the above eligibility criteria are eligible for this offer. Members should allow up to 4 weeks after satisfying the above eligibility criteria for the bonus Status Credits to be allocated. Velocity membership and Status Credit earn are subject to the Member Terms and Conditions, as amended from time to time.
DOUBLE VELOCITY BONUS FOR BUSINESS OFFER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
° Virgin Australia Business Flyer Double Velocity Points Promotion - Promotion is valid between 12:01am AEST 30 January 2023 to 11:59pm AEST 31 March 2023 (inclusive) (Promotion Period).
To be eligible for the Virgin Australia Business Flyer Double Velocity Points promotion a nominated representative of your business must, during the Promotion Period:
1. successfully apply for a new Virgin Australia Business Flyer membership; and
2. book and travel on an eligible flight.
An eligible flight is: A. the first one-way domestic or short haul international flight marketed and operated by Virgin Australia, booked through the www.virginaustralia.com website (ABN must be entered at time of booking), the Virgin Australia Business Flyer booking portal or via the member’s nominated Travel Management Company, and B. ticketed in either Business – Credited Class Code J, C, D; Economy Flex – Credited Class Code Y, B, W, H, K, L; Economy - Choice – Credited Class Code R, E, O, N, V, P, Q, T, I, S; Future Flight Credit – Credited Class Code U; and Lite – Credited Class Code during the Promotion Period. Reward Seats are not eligible for this promotion. Codeshare services marketed or operated by partner airlines are not eligible for this offer.
Bonus Velocity Points will be earned in addition to base Velocity Points earned. Bonus Points will be applied to the originally purchased fare class and any upgrades (other than when you paid the full commercial fare) will not attract bonus Points as a result of this offer. This promotion can only be earned once during the Promotion Period. Please allow up to 4 weeks after meeting all criteria for the Velocity Points to be allocated to the Virgin Australia Business Flyer account. Promotion only available to new Virgin Australia Business Flyer members. This offer can be used in conjunction with the New Member 2,500 Bonus Velocity Points and Up To 150,000 Bonus Velocity Points offers. Virgin Australia Business Flyer Membership and Velocity T&Cs apply.