Watch the 'service so good, you’ll want us everywhere’ campaign here
- Virgin Australia has dropped one of its largest ever sales on record, with 1.7 million fares from just $49 in Economy (Economy Lite) and $189* in Business Class, to 28 domestic and international destinations.
- Destinations included in the sale comprise Australia, Fiji, Bali and Queenstown (NZ).
- The sale fares include key dates within the school holidays and can be booked for travel between 2 November 2021 and 23 June 2022 at www.virginaustralia.com
- To celebrate the epic summer sale, Virgin Australia has launched a delightful new marketing campaign to appeal to the millions of Australians gearing up to travel again.
- All Virgin Australia fares include Velocity Frequent Flyer Points and up to double Status Credits^ as part of Velocity’s latest loyalty promotion.
- Booking flexibility to change or cancel to travel credit with no fees, available for travel up to 30 April 2022**.
Virgin Australia is continuing to offer jaw dropping deals and fun travel campaigns to get Aussies back in the sky as border restrictions ease in time for the summer holidays.
Following Virgin Australia’s continued expansion to new travel destinations around Australia, and commitment to fly to Fiji, Bali and New Zealand when international travel resumes, the airline has today dropped a whopping 1.7 million ‘Yay for holidays’ sale fares from $49* in time for summer.
The epic domestic and international sale, one of the largest on record for the airline, starts today and ends midnight AEST Monday, 1 November 2021. The sale coincides with the launch of the Virgin Australia ‘service so good, you’ll want us everywhere’ campaign today, which highlights the airline’s award-winning customer service in a bid to remind travellers just how good it is to fly with Virgin Australia.
Yay for holidays epic sale fares
The ‘Yay for holidays’ sale fares can be booked at virginaustralia.com and include Velocity Frequent Flyer Points and up to double Status Credits, as part of Velocity’s continued commitment to loyal members.
One-way Economy fare highlights in both directions:
Melbourne - Launceston from $59
Sydney - Coffs Harbour from $49
Ballina Byron – Sydney from $55
Brisbane – Cairns from $89
Adelaide – Sydney from $89
Port Hedland – Bali from $239
Sydney – Nadi from $229
Service so good, you’ll want us everywhere campaign unveiled
To coincide with the ‘Yay for holidays’ sale, Virgin Australia has today released a new marketing campaign ‘service so good, you’ll want us everywhere’ that appeals to millions of Australians as they emerge from lockdown and prepare to travel again.
At the heart of the campaign is the award-winning Virgin Australia service, which is highlighted through a young family on a summer holiday. The parents are able to enjoy the blissful relaxation of their much-anticipated holiday, as distractions from their energetic children are relieved by the assistance of Virgin Australia team members, who magically appear at various stages of the trip.
From pit crew who use aircraft batons to stop one of the children jumping in the pool where the mum is relaxing, to cabin-crew who give the mum and dad some much-needed “alone time” in their hotel room.
The campaign is a wonderfully fun nod to Virgin Australia flair, aligning with the aesthetic feel and humour of the successful VA-X & Win campaign, which has so far seen more than 250,000 entries into the national vaccination competition.
Virgin Australia team members are well-known for their excellent customer service, with the airline winning Airline Ratings ‘Best Cabin Crew’ award multiple times, including in 2021.
Virgin Australia Group Chief Commercial Officer, Dave Emerson said the airline is excited to launch one of its largest sales on record, to more travel destinations, in time for the busy summer holiday period.
“Australian travellers have never been more excited to travel again and Virgin Australia is proud to help them reunite with friends and family or visit that dream holiday destination,” said Mr Emerson.
“Today we have launched one of the largest sales in Virgin Australia history, with 1.7million seats available from just $49.
“We are making it irresistible for Australians to return to the skies this summer, with some of the best value airfares in the market, an expanded network of flights, including 12 new services launched in the last month, and world-class customer service.
“Virgin Australia and our wonderful team members have never been stronger or more ready to fly, and we can’t wait to welcome Australian travellers back onboard, as they embark on new adventures this summer.”
Commenting on the airline’s fun new travel campaign, Virgin Australia Group Chief Marketing Officer, Libby Minogue said: “Over the years Virgin Australia team members have won many customer service awards, including Airline Rating’s ‘Best Cabin Crew’ in 2021. The ‘service so good, you’ll want us everywhere’ campaign beautifully harnesses the passion and dedication we have to our guests and the incredible service they experience every time they fly with us.
“We know this campaign will remind Australians why they should book with Virgin Australia, which will be so important as the country begins to travel again,” she said.
For more information and to book, visit: www.virginaustralia.com.
NOTES TO EDITOR
- Virgin Australia cabin crew won the Airline Ratings ‘Best Cabin Crew’ award in 2021, against a list of 230 airlines globally.
The new marketing campaign ‘service so good, you’ll want us everywhere’ follows a long list of customer enhancements since Virgin Australia was relaunched in 2020, including, but not limited to:
- A simplified fare structure, providing customers with some of the best value airfares in the market;
- A long list of new destinations, with Virgin Australia alone launching 12 new return domestic services since last month;
- New and fresh Economy, Business Class and lounge menus;
- The re-opening of a network of Virgin Australia domestic lounges;
- A commitment to re-open premium lounges (formerly known as The Club) in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane in early 2022;
- New Velocity Frequent Flyer partnerships, making it easier for members to earn Points to get to their next dream reward faster; and
- A schedule of short-haul international services to Fiji, Bali and New Zealand.
Since September 2021, Virgin Australia has launched the following new services:
- Adelaide < > Hobart
- Adelaide < > Darwin
- Adelaide < > Launceston
- Hobart < > Gold Coast
- Hobart < > Perth
- Perth < > Cairns
- Cairns < > Gold Coast
- Launceston < > Perth
- Launceston < > Gold Coast
- Sydney < > Coffs Harbour
- Melbourne < > Coffs Harbour
- Virgin Australia is scheduled to resume services to Fiji on 16 December 2021.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
*Sale ends 11:59pm 1 November 2021 AEST unless sold out prior. Seat selection and checked baggage are not included in the Economy Lite fares. $49 price point based on a one-way Economy Lite fare from Sydney-Coffs Harbour booked at virginaustralia.com. Payment surcharge may apply. Subject to availability. Travel periods may apply. Full T&Cs at virginaustralia.com.**Changes must be made prior to travel date. Fare differences may apply. Cancellations with refund to other forms of payment as per fare rules. See virginaustralia.com for terms and conditions.
^Bonus Status Credits
Promotion is valid between 12:01am AEST 01 October 2021 to 11:59pm AEDT 31 March 2022 (inclusive). For more information on Status Credits and bonus earn rates, visit https://experience.velocityfrequentflyer.com/partners-offers/airlines/vi.... Terms and conditions and exclusions apply, visit https://experience.velocityfrequentflyer.com/partners-offers/airlines/vi... for full terms and conditions.
**Booking flexibility. Changes must be made prior to travel date. Fare differences may apply. Cancellations with refund to other forms of payment as per fare rules. See virginaustralia.com for terms and conditions.