26 November 2021: Virgin Australia wishes to advise that effective today Virgin Australia will only carry guests travelling on international flights who are:
- Fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved or recognised by Australia’s Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA); or
- are under the age of 12 at the time of departure; or
- an Australian child aged between 12 and 17 at the time of departure who is:
- either unvaccinated or partially vaccinated; and
- entering Australia through New South Wales, Victoria or the ACT; and
- traveling with their fully vaccinated parents or guardian; or
- cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons (with approved evidence and subject to state and territory requirements).
Guests who have already purchased international tickets for travel to or from Australia and do not, or will not, meet these travel requirements can either receive a refund back to their original form of payment or reschedule their flight fee-free to a time when they are able to meet these requirements.