- Virgin Australia’s Velocity Frequent Flyer loyalty program has agreed to a multi-year exclusive partnership with Luxury Escapes – one of the world’s fastest growing travel companies.
- The proposed partnership, set to begin mid-year, will significantly expand earn and redemption opportunities for Velocity and Luxury Escapes members, providing more rewards and better value for Australian travellers than ever before.
- Amid the rising cost of living, luxury holidays and experiences will be more possible for millions of Australians with the proposed partnership set to allow Velocity members to book thousands of holiday packages, hotels, cruises, tours and experiences using Points and Points + Pay online at luxuryescapes.com.
- According to Luxury Escapes’ 2023 Travel Trends Report*, nine in 10 Australians plan to travel either domestically or internationally in 2023, with destinations such as Bali, Fiji, Gold Coast and Cairns among the most popular.
Tuesday 30 May 2023: Virgin Australia’s Velocity Frequent Flyer loyalty program and Luxury Escapes are set to join forces in an exclusive new strategic partnership that will bring two of the country’s most loved travel brands together, to the benefit of millions of Australians.
From mid-year, Velocity’s more than 11 million members, and Luxury Escapes’ 3 million Australian customers will be able to earn and redeem Velocity Points on thousands of luxury holiday packages, hotels, cruises, tours and experiences at luxuryescapes.com, setting a new benchmark in value and rewards for these travellers.
The proposed partnership will also allow members to offset the cost of booking their next Luxury Escapes holiday by using Velocity Points to pay for part, or all, of their booking - making a premium holiday even more possible for millions of Australians challenged by the rising cost of living.
The proposed partnership will cement Velocity as the exclusive airline loyalty program for one of the world’s fastest growing travel companies, as Velocity’s membership base soars following a string of new partnerships, loyalty rewards and value offers, under the successfully transformed Virgin Australia.
Velocity Frequent Flyer CEO, Nick Rohrlach said today’s announcement is set to be one of the most exciting travel partnerships to launch this year, creating more choice, value and rewards for millions of Australian travellers.
“We look forward to welcoming Luxury Escapes to our growing list of Velocity partners,” said Mr Rohrlach.
“Luxury Escapes is one of the world’s fastest growing travel companies, and Velocity members will significantly benefit from the great value, choice and rewards on offer whenever they book a Luxury Escapes holiday or experience.
“We know that Australians are feeling the pinch of the rising cost of living, and this is another way our members may be able to use Velocity Points to drive their dollar further when booking their next holiday.
“We are incredibly focused on providing our members more ways to redeem Points by unlocking new partnerships and rewards that have significant value and meaning to them,” he said.
Luxury Escapes CEO and Co-Founder, Adam Schwab said the partnership with Velocity Frequent Flyer is born from an aligned ambition to deliver the very best travel experience possible to consumers.
“At Luxury Escapes, we have an unwavering commitment to provide our members with the best experience, quality and value possible. Velocity shares this commitment, and we are thrilled to be partnering together to bring the best of both brands to Australian travellers.
“According to our recent Travel Trends Report, nine in 10 Australians plan to travel either domestically or internationally in 2023 and we know our customers will embrace the fantastic rewards that Velocity brings to the partnership.
“From expanded earn and redemption opportunities to a suite of Velocity benefits for eligible members, such as complimentary Lounge access, priority boarding, preferential seating and higher checked baggage allowances, we can’t wait to welcome a new era in travel for all our members.”
Velocity Frequent Flyer is the third largest loyalty program in the country, with more than 11 million members, or the equivalent of one member in every Australian household.
NOTES TO EDITORS
Ways to earn Velocity Points:
- Flying with Virgin Australia and its partner airlines including Qatar Airways, United Airlines, Singapore Airlines and more.
- Shopping for fuel or convenience at 7-Eleven.
- Conversion of Flybuys points which can be earned at Coles Supermarkets, Coles Express, Coles Online, Liquorland, First Choice Liquor Market, Target, Kmart and more.
- Booking hotels and rental cars with most major providers including IHG, Accor, Europcar, Hertz and more.
- Spending with a Points earning credit card across all the major banks.
For eligibility requirements and more ways to earn Velocity Points, visit here.
*Luxury Escapes Travel Trends Report, 4,000 nationally representative respondents, January 2023.