- Following the announcement of the Fijian Government’s tourism re-opening plan, Virgin Australia will bring forward the resumption of flights between Australia and Fiji from 23 December 2021 to 16 December 2021, to better align with the start of the summer holiday period. Virgin Australia will continue to review its network schedule in line with the latest advice. Virgin Australia international flights are Subject to Government Approval.
- The airline will operate daily direct flights to the tropical holiday destination with seats currently on sale at virginaustralia.com from as low as $289AUD* one-way, inclusive of taxes and Velocity Frequent Flyer Points and up to double Status Credits^. More information here.
- Virgin Australia direct Fiji flight schedule (both directions):
- Sydney – Nadi: Up to double daily return flights from 16 December 2021
- Melbourne – Nadi: Up to daily return flights from 17 December 2021
- Brisbane – Nadi: Up to 3 return flights per week from 18 December 2021
- Virgin Australia Fiji flights will be the first international services operated under the relaunched airline.
- All Virgin Australia international and domestic airfares can be purchased using Future Flight Credits and travel credits. More information here.
- Booking flexibility to change or cancel to travel credit with no fees, available for travel up to 28 February 2022**
- Virgin Australia is scheduled to resume flights to Bali and New Zealand in 2022.
Commentary from a Virgin Australia Group spokesperson
We’re pleased to bring forward the resumption of our Fiji services to better align with the start of the summer holiday period, making it easier for travellers to get to their destination in advance of the festive season.
We know Australians are excited to finally be able to travel overseas again which is evident by the strong booking demand we’ve experienced for our Fiji flights since the Federal Government announced the roadmap to re-opening Australia to the world earlier this month.
Our inaugural short-haul international service to Nadi will depart Sydney on 16 December 2021 and will be a significant milestone for the relaunched Virgin Australia and New South Wales residents who have spent many of the past few months in lockdown.
Initially, we’ll operate daily return services to Nadi from Melbourne and Sydney and three weekly return services from Brisbane. We’ll increase our Sydney-Nadi services to double-daily from 23 December 2021 to give travellers even more opportunity to experience a tropical holiday for the festive season and summer holidays.
Virgin Australia Fiji services are on sale now at virginaustralia.com, with fares starting from $289 one-way inclusive of taxes, Velocity Frequent Flyer Points and up to double Status Credits.
And like all Virgin Australia fares, our international flights include full flexibility for travel to 28 February 2022, so our customers can book with confidence knowing they can change the date of travel if they need to.
NOTES TO EDITORS
Sydney - Nadi
16 December 2021
Daily return services from 16 December 2021, increasing to double daily return services from 23 December 2021.
Melbourne - Nadi
17 December 2021
4 return services per week from 17 December 2021, increasing to daily return services from 23 December 2021.
Brisbane - Nadi
18 December 2021
Up to 3 return services per week.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
*$289 price point based on a one-way Economy Lite fare from Sydney to Nadi booked at virginaustralia.com. Subject to availability. Payment surcharge may apply. Seat selection and checked baggage are not included in Economy Lite fares. Full T&Cs at www.virginaustralia.com.
**Changes must be made prior to travel date. Fare differences may apply. Cancellations with refund to other forms of payment as per fare rules. See virginaustralia.com for terms and conditions.
^Bonus Status Credits
Promotion is valid between 12:01am AEST 01 October 2021 to 11:59pm AEDT 31 March 2022 (inclusive). For more information on Status Credits visit: https://experience.velocityfrequentflyer.com/partners-offers/airlines/virgin-australia-airlines/2021-status-offers
Image credit: Tourism Fiji