Virgin Australia today unveiled a number of new and upgraded facilities at Brisbane Airport’s Domestic Terminal, setting a new standard in customer experience.
The enhancements include:
New facilities for Business Class guests and eligible Velocity Frequent Flyer program members :
- A significantly expanded Brisbane Domestic Lounge, which has doubled in size and now features Espresso and Wine Bar
- Virgin Australia’s innovative “Premium Entry” experience, enabling kerbside direct entry into the lounge; and
- An enhanced valet service with direct access to the lounge, enabling a seamless transition from car to terminal.
- Significant improvements to Virgin Australia terminal, including additional aerobridges and expanded seating areas which provides guests with a place to wait and charge their devices with a number of power and USB points, lounge chairs and tables.
- The announcement of 16 new retailers to be opened progressively from the end of the year, including Mecca Maxima, Peter Alexander, iconic local coffee shop Fonzie Abbott and famous American burger chain Carl’s Jnr Char Grilled Burgers.
The announcement was made at the new Virgin Australia lounge in Brisbane, where Sir Richard Branson, Founder of Virgin Group was joined by Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk to view the new facilities.
Sir Richard Branson said: “I am absolutely thrilled to be back in Brisbane celebrating this significant milestone. The Virgin brand started here 15 years ago with just two aircraft and today we fly over 150 aircraft across Australia and overseas. I couldn’t be prouder of the team at Virgin Australia and all that they have achieved.
“Queensland has always felt like a second home to me. Brisbane and the broader Queensland market are an integral part of Virgin Australia’s flight network and today sets a new benchmark for all travellers at Brisbane.
“Four years ago Virgin Australia transformed domestic business travel in Australia by introducing Premium Entry at Sydney Airport, enabling premium guests to proceed through security and access the lounge faster than ever before. Virgin Australia was the first and still is the only Australian airline to offer a full kerbside to lounge to gate experience and it is fantastic to see them bringing this innovative feature to Brisbane.
“After arriving here at Brisbane Airport today and experiencing the new facilities myself, I believe Australians enjoy one of the best domestic travel experiences in the world. With the completion of the terminal facilities, I am confident all Virgin Australia customers will have an outstanding travel experience”, Sir Richard Branson said.
Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said the upgrade was a further sign of Virgin Australia’s firm commitment to Queensland.
“This enhancement of Virgin Australia’s Brisbane Airport facilities is a show of confidence in our great state as a place to do business. It’s a commitment to Queensland jobs, and Queensland tourism,” Ms Palaszczuk said.
Virgin Australia has worked closely with Brisbane Airport Corporation to invest in upgrading the terminal facilities, including creating more spacious, comfortable facilities at the gates, seven new aerobridges as well as 16 new retailers such as Peter Alexander and Mecca Maxima. The upgraded facilities will also include new food and beverage choices such as iconic local coffee shop, Fonzie Abbott and famous American burger chain Carl’s Jnr Char Grilled Burgers.
Designed by renowned architect Tim Greer from Tonkin Zulaikha Greer with inspiration from Hans Hulsbosch, the new 440 seat Virgin Australia Lounge has been designed to offer separate areas to work, rest and unwind. Centred on a new 55m2 Grand Skylight providing unrivalled natural light, the lounge encapsulates Virgin Australia’s contemporary look and feel including white marble bars and an Espresso and Wine Bar.
Features for premium guests include:
- New Premium Entry for use by eligible Lounge guests providing a seamless kerb to lounge experience via a dedicated security screening point;
- Valet (fees apply);
- All day dining and barista service;
- 55m2 Grand Skylight filling the lounge with natural light;
- Perimeter windows providing natural light and external views across the airport precinct;
- New Espresso and Wine Bar;
- High and low bar seating featuring power outlets and USB charging outlets
- Business services including complimentary Wi-Fi, power, PCs and printers; and
- Entertainment options including newspapers, premium magazine titles; and 7 high-definition televisions featuring Foxtel and free-to-air programming.